Friday, March 20, 2009

Kennedy is Six Months Old

Kennedy today - six months old.
Kennedy a few weeks after she was born. I wanted to post this as a contrast so everyone could see how much she has grown. She is so big and cuter than ever!

As evidenced in this fun bathtime pic.

Kennedy's first meal of rice cereal. Contrary to what you see here, she did manage to eat more than she wore.

Kennedy's first time sitting up unassisted. Luckily we had the camera nearby. I also cropped myself out of the shot but don't worry Granny, I was right there in case she started to topple.
-------------
Kennedy turned six months old on March 14 and is getting so big! She had her six-month checkup today and she weighs 16 lbs., 8 oz., and is a whopping 27 inches long - in the 96th percentile. Jamie and I still don't know where she is getting this height from.

She also had a few "firsts" recently. She sat up by herself for the first time in the tub the other night and also just had her first meal of rice cereal. She loved it - she managed to get most of it in her mouth rather than down the front of her bib, and even reached for the bowl.
Kennedy has also started day care and predictably has charmed the day care workers. They brag on her every day about how good she is.
Jamie and I don't know what we did to get so lucky with such an awesome baby. She is happy and healthy! Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Amma said...

She is getting sooooo big. I need a baby fix so badly...I'm going to have to make a Nashville run soon!!! Ya'll are so blessed, treasure her always!